Professional Experience and Qualifications
Project Title: CADD Technician
1971-1973 Kennesaw Junior College, Chemistry Major
1973-1975 Southern Tech, Mechanical Engineering
Applied Software Technology, Atlanta, Georgia AutoCad Training
Mr. Fowler has over 30 years of experience specifically in the Drafting/CADD field with a focus on the oil and gas industry. He possess mechanical drafting experience in process piping, fire protection, plant maintenance, instrumentation and drainage systems. The majority of his project experience is primarily in refined petroleum products pipelines and natural gas pipelines. He has been involved in drafting and design of product pipeline facilities including main lines, stub lines, delivery lines, injection facilities and tank farms. He has created fabrication drawings, flow diagrams, system maps, and alignment sheets for cross country pipelines and all supporting mechanical drawings for pipeline station construction or modifications. He has worked in all versions of AutoCad since 1989 and is familiar with most standard office software/hardware and peripherals.
Southeastern Gas Engineering-Atlanta
Since joining SGE in May of 2011, Mr. Fowler has assumed the responsibility for all CADD work for natural gas pipeline projects and facilities. He is familiar with most aspects of materials standards such as API and ASME codes for pipe, pressure vessels, fittings and other equipment used to install or maintain high-pressure pipeline equipment.
- Develops all new pipeline plans and site plans, as well as modification drawings for existing pipelines or facilities and as-built drawings.
- Assembles construction drawing sets for rural, municipal, commercial and institutional site gas pipeline projects.
- Creates gas system fabrication and installation detail drawings.
- Involved in all aspects of drafting/CADD standards and documentation.
Diversified Energy Services – Atlanta
- Performed CADD work for natural gas pipeline projects and facilities.
- Developed property plats and as-built drawings for installed pipelines and facility sites for Atlanta Gas Light Company and other gas distribution systems.
Colonial Pipeline Company – Atlanta
Mr. Fowler worked for Colonial Pipeline Company from 1980 to 1999 in their drafting department. At Colonial, he was responsible for all facets of construction bid drawings for pipeline facilities construction. He worked as a field inspector on a 20 mile 16” high-pressure pipeline expansion project. He worked closely with field personnel on numerous station modification projects to design, draft and as-built facility modifications. He was responsible for organizing and filing over 40,000 drawings and worked closely with document management team to integrate records with emerging computer systems.